Monday, December 31, 2012

Pitchit Province - 26th-29th Dec

Spent the immediate Christmas aftermath with my wife's extended family in Pitchit.  This gave me a couple of mornings birding in the local (intensively farmed) rice paddies, testing out my new Nikon V1 mirrorless camera body, mounted on my 300mm f4 AF-S lens.  The results are very promising, but I'll write a proper review once I've got used to using it (and read the instruction book!).

The species I connected with were pretty unsurprising but a welcome change from my regular patch species with Painted Snipe, Oriental and Black-browed Reed Warblers, Asian Golden Weaver, dozens and dozens of Dusky Warblers, a couple of pairs of Red-wattled Lapwing, several Cinnamon Bittern Intermediate Egret and a Grey Heron.

All images below were taken with the Nikon 1 V1.

White-throated Kingfisher
Long-tailed Shrike
Long-tailed Shrike
Yellow-browed Warbler
Siberian Stonechat
Siberian Stonechat
Barn Swallow

2 comments:

Thaibirdspot said...

Nice pics with the new camera... What are you doing with the old 300mm f4???

lovelanguagetest said...

Pitchit Province - 26th-29th Dec. Spent the immediate Christmas aftermath with my wife's extended family in Pitchit. This gave me a couple of mornings ...Phichit is one of Thailand's seventy-six provinces lies in lower northern Thailand and 330 km due north of Bangkok. Neighbouring love language test provinces are Phitsanulok, Phetchabun, Nakhon Sawan, and Kamphaeng Phet Phichit province; a province in the lower north of Thailand, or many people know as "Chalawan City (City of Crocodile)" because it is the birthplace of ...Pichit is a city in Phichit Province, Thailand. It has many popular attractions, including Bueng Si Fai, Wat Tha Luang, Phichit Historical Park, making it well ...