Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Mae Sot

An early morning visit to Mae Sot rice fields produced three Pied Harriers (including one adult male) and two Wrynecks as the highlights. Other padders included Thick-billed Warbler, Zitting Cisticola, Brown Shrike, Oriental Skylark and Paddyfield Pipit. Heard only species included three Siberian Rubythroats and several Dusky Warblers.

The "Rosy Pipit Fields" have now dried out and have been planted with maize, so there was no sign of these birds, more's the pity.

Wryneck

Skydancers doing the business

Paddyfield Pipit

1 comment:

gonzalo said...

Seems to be a nice place to do birdwatching. I'm traveling to Bangkok next match for two months. What do you think about taking my 400 f 5.6 L with me to take some bird photographs. I have no clue if this is not a good idea waking around with an expensive equipment. Any comments would be greatly welcomed. And of course I would love to join you if planning a birding walk. Best regards