Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tinker

Early morning visit to Suan Rot Fai in humid, very overcast weather was slow to begin with but eventually produced a selection of migrants that made me want to stay (just a shame I have to work for a living). The highlight was a Pale-legged Leaf Warbler which I heard going "tink" and managed to pish into the open a couple of times. The same area held an Arctic Warbler that was calling persistently and was also pished out. Further on, in a rather uninspiringly sparse  but surprisingly birdy strip of vegetation I picked up one or two more Arctic Warblers,  three Yellow-browed Warblers and had brief, distant and badly lit views of what I suspect was a female Verditer Flycatcher.

Other migrants this morning included one or two Brown Shrikes, two Ashy Drongos, at least seven Black-naped Orioles, two Asian Brown Flys and 10-15 Taiga Flycatchers.

I also had at least three Cattle Egrets feeding in the park (all my previous records have been flyovers).

1 comment:

Lata Jiayala said...

Very nice to see this beautiful pic. Really liked this one.

Regards,
Cab Service in Jalpaiguri