Saturday, September 17, 2016

Black-backed Kingfisher

After returning from the UK, one of my first duties was to do the school run on the morning of Thursday 14th September.  Fortunately my goddaughter's school is close to Suan Rot Fai, so it was a minor detour for me to stop by and catch up with this migrant Black-backed Kingfisher.  This absolutely stunning bird was offering point-blank views to anyone who cared to attend. 

The pictures were taken with my  Nikon V1 matched with the Nikkor 300mm f4 VR PF lens, and speak for themselves...





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In which part of the park did you see this critter? I was there Friday for the first time since winter, and disapointed to see a lot of scrub gone to make way for the walking track.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add: those are stunning shots. What a bird!

David Gandy said...

The BB Kingfisher has now gobe, but was seen at the north end of the Secret Garden.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kepala Bergetar said...


This blog is very powerful. Its helps me a lot about this topic. very nice and the very
helpful blog commenting Sites List that you have posted. I like it very much please keep
doing this amazing work. Have a very nice day sir.: Love Elsa