Monday, October 14, 2013

Freedom!

After six long months of self-imposed birding exile, I am now a free man released from the shackles of masters degree study.

It feels a bit unreal to be so unhindered, and I've got a few plans that have been put on hold until now - like working out how to use the sound recording gear I bought in New York back in May, and making full use of it here in Thailand.

This morning I made a short foray to the nearest bit of greenery to our house, to see if there were any of my much-neglected avian friends from Siberia knocking around.  The best I could manage were three Yellow-browed Warblers and three Brown Shrikes. Other migrants included two Blue-tailed Bee-eaters and a high altitude drongo sp in migration mode.

It's good to be back!

1 comment:

Lee Dingain said...

Good to see you back! Looking forward to more posts form your excellent patch.