Monday, September 26, 2011

Blue Monday

Did the Ministry of Public Relations walk this morning and picked up 1-2 Eastern Crowned Warblers, plus two Asian Brown Flycatchers with little effort - migrants were obviously still in evidence. 

This was confirmed to me by Mark Pearson who sent me a gripping email whilst I was welded to my desk urgently re-arranging a US$6 million budget (so I couldn't exactly skive off early). He had picked up a male Siberian Blue Robin in Suan Rot Fai, plus good numbers common migrants (even more than yesterday).  I saw three Sibe Blue Robins in the park in autumn 2008, but strangely have not seen one since; we also had two dead in our garden that autumn (the only dead birds I have ever found in our garden!), which makes me think that year was exceptional for them.

No comments: