Sunday, October 3, 2010

Should have done the patch this morning (overnight rain and winds have turned light NE, but busy working to a Monday deadline).  I went out for a quick walk at the Ministry of Public Relations near home, and was pleased to see a 1st winter BROWN SHRIKE, then rather shocked to find a single tree holding EASTERN CROWNED, ARCTIC and YELLOW-BROWED WARBLERS and a 1st winter female YELLOW-RUMPED FLYCATCHER.

The Yellow-brow I actually heard yesterday in the same spot, but I only had a brief snatch of call and couldn't convince myself that it wasn't a Scarlet-backed Flowerpecker (which has a similar call). The Eastern Crowned Warbler was amazingly showy (it must have known that my camera was safely bagged up at home).

Things are moving but I'm stuck at my desk, on a Sunday.  Ouch.

No comments: