Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Red-breasted Parakeet

Not much free time in the last few days to get out, and the rains have been on-and-off making it difficult to go out when I am free.  I was supposed to go to NW Thailand this week but the extreme flooding across the Central Plains forced me to abandon that plan.

This morning I was at home when I lifted the bedroom blind to see two  Red-breasted Parakeets perched up, but by the time I got the camera one had departed. Red-breatsed Parakeets seem to appear in my neighbourhood during the wet season, but I have never seen them at Suan Rot Fai.  Pretty good as garden birds go I suppose...

2 comments:

Gerry Brett said...

It's beautiful Dave anywhere but stunning for the garden!

Nick Upton said...

There is a small population of them in the grounds of Vimanmek Teak Palace; maybe that's where they are coming from?