Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday Blues

SRF 0745-0935. Heavy overnight showers caused some new birds to drop in; during my short stint I managed to find three Siberian Blue Robins (two 1cy birds together and a separate  cracking adult male), two Pale-legged Leaf Warblers, and a Forest Wagtail (that's three new species for this autumn's passage), two Plain-tailed Warblers, 5+ Asian Brown Flycatchers, 4+ Brown Shrikes, an a single Eastern Crowned Warbler.

As ever, no matter how hard I work the site I still feel that there must be loads of other birds lurking - (eg today I met a Thai birder who had just seen a male Hill Blue Flycatcher). The site has massive potential, and this is the time of year to realise it.

 
 Plain-tailed Warbler


 Pale-legged Leaf Warbler

Here's a chart of SE Asia's weather at 0100hrs this morning -  tropical storm "Haitang" over Vietnam  producing an easterly airflow. Winds here in Bangkok remain light, and have a west/SW bias, but I suspect birds are being pushed in from Vietnam/Cambodia. Note also typhoon Nesat over the Philippines.

No comments: