Monday, July 22, 2013

Passage waders

A morning trip to Khok Kham this morning was never going to give brilliant views of waders as I knew I would hit low tide.  Despite this I managed to find at least three Asian Dowitchers amongst one of the closer groups of Black-tailed Godwits, and an early Broad-billed Sandpiper (Round, 2008 states the first record as being 3rd August). There were also quite a few Curlew Sandpipers around, and good numbers of Lesser Sandplovers, including several full summer plumaged male schaeferi (part of the atrifrons group).

I also had my first go at digiscoping with the Nikon V1 & 10-30mm lens attached to my Swaro 65 HD (25-50x zoom), see below.

Javan Pond Heron, digiscoped.

2 comments:

Gerry Brett said...

Dave what an auspicious start to your digiscoping career! Great shot for starters. Well done.

mohammed sadiq ullah said...

Thanks for sharing this great Post dude
Website Development Company