Monday, December 31, 2012

Pitchit Province - 26th-29th Dec

Spent the immediate Christmas aftermath with my wife's extended family in Pitchit.  This gave me a couple of mornings birding in the local (intensively farmed) rice paddies, testing out my new Nikon V1 mirrorless camera body, mounted on my 300mm f4 AF-S lens.  The results are very promising, but I'll write a proper review once I've got used to using it (and read the instruction book!).

The species I connected with were pretty unsurprising but a welcome change from my regular patch species with Painted Snipe, Oriental and Black-browed Reed Warblers, Asian Golden Weaver, dozens and dozens of Dusky Warblers, a couple of pairs of Red-wattled Lapwing, several Cinnamon Bittern Intermediate Egret and a Grey Heron.

All images below were taken with the Nikon 1 V1.

White-throated Kingfisher
Long-tailed Shrike
Long-tailed Shrike
Yellow-browed Warbler
Siberian Stonechat
Siberian Stonechat
Barn Swallow

1 comment:

Thai Birds 'n' Pies said...

Nice pics with the new camera... What are you doing with the old 300mm f4???