Monday, April 13, 2015

Top Dollar!

Whilst April is an excellent month for migration, this year I am taking it a bit easy to focus on spending time with my wife whilst she is back from the UK for a few weeks.  The only birding I have done so far this month has been a quick look at the Ministry of Public Relations on 11th, which produced a two Mugimaki Flycatchers (one 1st summer male and a female), and this morning I spent 2 hours at Suan Rotfai.

This morning's visit offered a taste of what might be on offer to a more ardent patchworker with me securing two new patchbirds -  an Oriental Dollarbird and a very long overdue Olive-backed Pipit.  Other highlights included a flock of 8-10 Eye-browed Thrushes, 10+ Ashy Minivets, a very dapper adult male Yellow-rumped Flycatcher and two Fork-tailed Drongo Cuckoos.

Oriental Dollarbird

overdue OBP


Eye-browed Thrush


Drongo Cuckoo (bird 1)

Drongo Cuckoo (bird 2)

No comments: