Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Last couple of mornings at the MOPR have been relatively quiet.  The highlight yesterday was a pair of Spangled Drongos, whilst this morning I heard a weird Mistle Thrush-like trill and glimpsed a silhouetted large passerine shooting away. The words "what would a White's Thrush sound like?" fell out of my mouth. I have no idea what it was (and I'm obsessed with White's Thrushes!) so I'm not being too serious about that, though I would like to find a sound recording of a White's alarm call (there isn't one on Xeno-cato), to reassure myself. 

3 comments:

Thaibirdspot said...

Try these
http://sounds.bl.uk/Environment/Early-wildlife-recordings/022M-1CS0023095XX-0300V0

http://www.xeno-canto.org/species/Zoothera-aurea

David Gandy said...

Thanks, but the XC recordings are all song, and the BLOWS recording is a contact call. The bird I had this morning gave an alarm call immediately before it flew out of cover. I think it's gonna remain a mystery.

David Gandy said...

John Furse kindly shared with me a recording of White's Thrush calls which convince me that this was NOT a White's Thrush. Simply a brief glimpse of something uknown. What's missed is mystery!