Thursday, May 7, 2009


Javan Pond Heron in early morning light

Suan Rot Fai, 0540 - 0745 hrs. Zero migrants seen this morning, so it appears that the summer lull is upon us here in Bangkok, at least as far as the passerines are concerned (I'm planning to look for some waders tomorrow). A few more pictures of the common residents of the park, which may become something of a feature in this blog until August...

I took my camera out this morning with external flash (Nikon SB-600) with my new "better beamer" attached to it - this cheap piece of plastic magnifies the flash and so extends it's reach considerably...so I ended up with a few burnt-out images! Need to practice with this thing!


Asian Pied Starling, the least numerous of
the "common" Sturnidae in Bkk


Peaceful Dove

No comments: